Wednesday, January 13, 2010


A good day for soup., originally uploaded by Rachel K-.

So, did I ever tell you that I am the master at making soups?...I know, I know, I'm bragging, sorry, that is so rude of me...but I love making soups! It is the one thing that I am not afraid to experiment with. I mean, you basically just choose a bunch of things that go well together and throw them in a pot of broth...well, this one right here is Beef Vegetable Soup (no, not stew....I don't like thick stews too much). Anyways, today I'm going to share the recipe with you...in fact every Wednesday until the weather warms up, I am going to share a soup recipe with you...because heck, in this cold weather....it's always a good day for soup!


Vegetable Beef Soup
1 pound stew meat
2 quarts Beef broth
2-3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 onion, choppped and sauteed in olive oil until golden brown
1 bunch of swiss chard
1 can chopped organic tomatoes
Throw it all in a soup pot (or crock pot) and let it cook. I prefer to do mine in the crock pot and then let it cook all day. The meat gets so tender and breaks into shreds. This time of year you can find swiss chard and carrots at your local farmers market, which makes for an even tastier, fresher soup.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment