Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The pumpkin smoothie



Well, here it is, the first full week of October, so I thought I would share a pumpkin recipe with you. Everyone in line around me at Whole Foods seriously thought I was crazy when I was buying 8 cans of pumpkin. They asked me if I was worried they would run out...I said no, but honestly, yes, I am a little bit scared. You see, when the leaves start changing colors and the air gets crisp, I can't resist anything with pumpkin and let alone baking with it. I know by December, I will be disgusted by it, but for now, I am enjoying the stacks of canned pumpkin in my pantry. For this week, I am sharing a pumpkin smoothie recipe with you...so delicious and the kids gulped it up!!

Pumpkin Fruit Smoothie
1 cup frozen strawberries
2 frozen bananas
3/4 can of pumpkin
1/2 cup rice milk
Blend it up and enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Delish! I too love everything PUMPKIN...I can't wait to see more of your recipe's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...sounds yummy!

    I'm sitting here sipping my coffee with pumpkin spice creamer. I couldn't resist picking some up yesterday! It's so cozy & Fall-feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete