Friday, November 13, 2009

Gluten free and yummy too!

So, one of the little boys in my daughter's preschool class can only eat gluten free and of course I wanted to bring a little Halloween treat to her school to celebrate...I didn't want to leave anyone out, so I made gluten free pumpkin muffins...


Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins


1/3 cup Canola Oil

2/3 cup Brown Sugar

2 large eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 3/4 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Flour

2 teaspoons Baking Powder

1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum

1 teaspoon Cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves

1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg

1 can Pumpkin Puree (no, not Pumpkin Pie Puree)

Mix canola oil, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla together in one bowl. In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Once mixed, pour flour mixture into 1st mixture, then add pumpkin...mix and put into greased pan. I baked mini muffins at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes. If you wanted to do a pumpkin bread I would bake it for about 45-55 minutes. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment