Monday, June 1, 2009

The fruit of my labor...

This is the first year that I planted a garden of my very own. I told my husband when we decided to buy a house without property that I would not give up having a garden and that I would make our backyard look like a lush, organic secret garden of sorts....well, it is on it's way! This hot pepper is my first harvest....I was so excited, I had to kiss it! And then Savanna wanted to kiss it too!
Yippee a hot pepper!!! I think I am going to make a fresh salsa with it....any good recipes my blogging friends???Alright!!! A thumbs up for the first harvest!!! Yes, I know it is just one little hot pepper, but I have put so much work into watering my little garden each and every day and it is just so exciting!!!









3 comments:

  1. Rachel...can i come over and help myself to your vegies?
    great garden you have.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed! I can't promise that I will have a lot; heck I got excited over one little hot pepper....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the recipe from my Vitamix blender. It's 6 roma tomatoes, 1 pepper, 1/2 meduim onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. cider vinegar, & 1 tsp. lemon juice.

    ReplyDelete