Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Bakers Dozen...

So, last night, the hubby and I got to go on a date while my sister-in-law watched the kiddos. We did a little shopping first before we went to dinner and I wore some pretty high heels
(only expecting that we were just going to dinner). Anyhow, after walking for about 30 minutes, I just didn't have it in me to walk across the huge mall parking lot to dinner at Beni Hana. I mean c'mon these days, I buy my high heels at Target, not Nordstrom and Target shoes are cute, but not exactly the most comfortable shoes. Anyhow, my sweet, gorgeous husband said "I'll give you a piggy back ride"...."Really" I replied, most pleasantly surprised and he said "yeah" so, he carried me for about a 1/4 mile to the restaurant...I thought, wow, he still is that spontaneous, romantic guy I married almost 5 years ago! (Oh and if you were wondering why we didn't just drive, well, my sister-in-law had the car for the night).
So, while dining at Beni Hana, we met this man and his family.
So now you're probably thinking okay, so what's your point and who is this man? Well, it ends up that this man owns an Artisian, French Bakery right here in Virginia. He gave us a call today to see if we wanted to come by his bakery for a tour and to taste some of his delectable breads and pastries. He is from Algeria which is across the Mediteranean Sea from France. He actually speaks French too. His breads are truly incredible. In fact tonight for dinner we enjoyed his bread with a little picnic in our hotel room with some salami, cheese, olives and marinated tomatoes and artichoke hearts, oh and wine too...yummy..truly my dream dinner!



Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment