Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Momae

This is my husbands Italian grandmother who is almost 94 years old. My kids call her Momae (which means grandmother in Italian). She just recently lost her eye sight due to an infection in both of her eyes. She saw my daughter when she was just a baby and never got the opportunity to see my son. She now gets around with huge help from my mother in law and by touch and smell. It is amazing to see how much your other senses kick in when one isn't working. As soon as we got to the house to see her, she just wanted to feel my kids heads and faces...it was so sweet. The picture above is of my daughter letting her smell a flower...so sweet. She still has such a strong mind and can still speak Italian. We got the chance to hear her in action when she called her cousin Guisseppe in Italy...it was amazing....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment